iad08
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Question

+2
trenetd
bensonm2
6 posters

Go down

Quick Question Empty Quick Question

Post  bensonm2 Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:34 am

Hi All,

I tried asking before on the wiki, but can somebody please tell me how to set up one of those websites for myself that the rest of you all have? I understand it is getting later in the semester, but I would still like to have one up. Thanks
bensonm2
bensonm2
Community Member
Community Member

Back to top Go down

Quick Question Empty Re: Quick Question

Post  trenetd Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:38 pm

What type of website are you referring to?

- Trenet -

trenetd
Community Member
Community Member

Back to top Go down

Post  kevtaylor Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:43 pm

are you talking about the html pages that we used for our member page?

kevtaylor
Community Member
Community Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Lee Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:29 pm

If you are referring to the about us profile pages, then here is what you need to do:

First, click the "new page" icon that should be visible as long as you are signed in to the website.

Then, name the page something that makes sense like your name.

Now you should have a clean page to work with. There is an editor bar that should be toward the top of the screen. On that bar there is an option to use the "text editor" function or the "visual editor" function. If you are not good with HTML code then you should edit in visual editor. This will allow you to create the website as if you were typing in Microsoft Word.

Once you have completed your website, you will need to link it up to the main "about us" page. To do this, save your page and go to the "about us" page. Click on the edit button to edit the page and then write your name. Look at the edit bar and you should find an icon to create a hyperlink to another page. Click the icon and it will open a window that allows you to enter the webpage that will be linked to your name. Simply search through all the pages created on Iad08, by clicking "browse", until you have found your page. Save the changes made and you should be all set.

With that having been said, in the event that you are just trying to set up a profile for this forum, simply click the "profile" tab at the top of the page once you are signed into the forum(the forum sign-in and the website sign-in are different)
Danny Lee
Danny Lee
Community Member
Community Member

http://home.southernct.edu/%7Espragued1/aboutme.html

Back to top Go down

Quick Question Empty website

Post  bensonm2 Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:14 am

Thanks man that really helps.
bensonm2
bensonm2
Community Member
Community Member

Back to top Go down

Quick Question Empty About ME website

Post  tallmann1 Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:31 am

About creating an "about me" page like the rest of us did, you have to use HTML coding to actually create your own website. Dan gave instructions on how to create a new page on the WIKI, but that's not how we creating our "about me" website pages. In order to understand how to do a website like that, there is an information piece I wrote up a few weeks ago. From the iad08's homepage, under Help Information & References, you can click on the Help button and it will link you to another page where you will then click on HTML cheat sheet. It's the first link. At the bottom of that page are instructions on how to create a webpage through HTML. If you need any help, let me know.
-Nicole

tallmann1
Community Legend
Community Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielleAd08 Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:39 am

Matt! Once you create the page, upload it to the wiki and I will add you to our About Us page that I created. Dont forget to add a picture so I can put it on there. If you need help with any of this in class let me know and I can definitely help you out.

DanielleAd08
Community Leader
Community Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down